- Lowest Price
- Highest Price
Vivaldi: The Four SeasonsA truly record-breaking recording: Anne-Sophie Mutter's reading of Vivaldi's Four Seasons, conducted by the man who discovered her, Herbert von Karajan, was the first classical CD to go platinum. And to this day, its legendary status remains untarnished.1. Le quattro stagioni (The Four Seasons), Concerto No. 1 in E Major, RV 269, 'La primavera': I. Allegr
2. Le quattro stagioni (The Four Seasons), Concerto No. 1 in E Major, RV 269, 'La primavera': II. Largo
3. Le quattro stagioni (The Four Seasons), Concerto No. 1 in E Major, RV 269, 'La primavera': III. Alle
4. The Four Seasons, Concerto No. 2 in G Minor, RV 315 (Op. 8 No. 2) 'L'estate': I. Allegro
5. The Four Seasons, Concerto No. 2 in G Minor, RV 315 (Op. 8 No. 2) 'L'estate': II. Adagio
6. The Four Seasons, Concerto No. 2 in G Minor (L'estate/ Summer) RV315 (Op. 8 No. 2): III. Presto
7. The Four Seasons, Concerto No. 3 in F, RV 293 (Op.8 No. 3) 'L'autunno': I. Allegro
8. The Four Seasons, Concerto No. 3 in F, RV 293 (Op.8 No. 3) 'L'autunno': II. Adagio molto
9. The Four Seasons, Concerto No. 3 in F, RV 293 (Op.8 No. 3) 'L'autunno': III. Allegro
10. The Four Seasons, Concerto No. 4 in F minor (L'inverno/ Winter) RV297 (Op. 8 No. 4): I. Allegro non
11. The Four Seasons, Concerto No. 4 in F minor (L'inverno/ Winter) RV297 (Op. 8 No. 4): II. Largo
12. The Four Seasons, Concerto No. 4 in F minor (L'inverno/ Winter) RV297 (Op. 8 No. 4): III. Allegro$23.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Tchaikovsky Violin ConcertoViolinist Anne-Sophie Mutter is backed by the Vienna Philharmonic conducted by Herbert von Karajan for this audiophile recording of Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto.
Audiophile 180g Virgin Vinyl
Cut at Emil Berliner Studio
Pressed at Pallas GmbH Germany
From the Original Masters of Universal Music
Audiophile Lacquer Discs Cut by the Expert Maarten de Boer
Anne-Sophie Mutter, violin
Herbert von karajan, conductor
This title is not eligible for discount.1. Opening Applause
2. Allegro Moderato
3. Canzonetta, Andante - Attacca
4. Finale, Allegro Vivacissimo
5. Closing Applause$39.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Beethoven Violin ConcertoAnne-Sophie Mutter, a child prodigy, was exempted from school to dedicate herself to her art. Supported early in her career by Herbert von Karajan, he invited her to play with the Berlin Philharmonic when she was just 13 and she has built a strong reputation for championing contemporary music throughout her career. She has won the Grammy Award for Best Chamber Music Performance and the Grammy Award for Best Instrumental Soloist Performance among many other awards.
Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra
Herbert von Karajan, conductor
Anne-Sophie Mutter, violin soloist1. Allegro ma non Troppo
3. Rondo. Allegro$44.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
The Club Album Live From Yellow LoungeIn May of 2015, violinist Anne-Sophie Mutter gave a truly unique concert: rather than standing on stage in one of the world's renowned well-tempered grand concert halls, she spent two evenings playing in a tiny graffiti-scrawled nightclub in Berlin. Recorded in front of a standing-room only audience, this new 2-LP release includes popular works by Bach, Copland, Gershwin, Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi and many more. Mutter is joined by Mahan Esfahani, Lambert Orkis and the Mutter VirtuosiLP1
1. Vivaldi - The Four Seasons - Concerto In G Minor, RV 315, The Summer - Presto
2. Gershwin - Three Preludes - Allegro ben ritmato e deciso
3. Gershwin - Three Preludes - Andante con moto e poco rubato
4. Gershwin - Three Preludes - Allegro ben ritmato e deciso
5. Tchaikovsky - Souvenir d'un lieu cher, Op. 42 - MÉlodie
6. Brahms - Hungarian Dance No.1 In G Minor, WoO 1
7. Debussy - Children's Corner, L. 113 - Golliwogg's Cakewalk (Arranged by Jascha Heifetz)
8. Debussy - Suite bergamasque, L. 75 - Clair de lune (Arranged by Alexandre Rolens)
1. Copland - Rodoe - Hoe Down
2. Bach - Ava Maria
3. Benjamin - Jamaican Rumba
4. Vivaldi - The Four Seasons - Concerto In F Minor, RV 297, The Winter - Allegro non molto
5. Williams - Schindler's List - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Theme
6. Bach - Double Concerto For 2 Violins, Strings, And Continuo In D Minor, BWV 1043 - Vivace
7. Bach - Double Concerto For 2 Violins, Strings, And Continuo In D Minor, BWV 1043 - Largo ma non tanto
8. Bach - Double Concerto For 2 Violins, Strings, And Continuo In D Minor, BWV 1043 - Allegro
9. Schubert - 12 Bagatelles, Op. 13 - L'Abeille$29.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Mendelssohn & Bruch Violin ConcertosKarajan took the young Anne-Sophie Mutter under his wing in the early 1980s and together they produced the of
Mendelssohn's and Bruch's famous violin concertos. Mutter said: "Karajan taught me to find the common thread
that runs through a score, to think the music through to its logical conclusion not simply to juxtapose notes in long
overarching paragraphs but to place them in the service of the musical idea. This is something that has lodged in
my memory with particular force.Mendelssohn: Violin Concerto in E minor Op. 64
1. Allegro molto appassionatao
3. Allegro non troppo - Allegro molto vivace
Bruch: Violin Concerto No. 1 in G minor, Op. 26
4. Vorspiel (Allegro moderato)
6. Finale (Allegro energico)$25.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Dvorak: Violin ConcertoIn a stunning recording career of over 35 years, Anne-Sophie Mutter has sold upwards of 10 million total albums.
Renowned for her technical facility and limitless range of expressive colours, Mutter is the undisputed "Queen of the Violin" (Times of London) - a musical
legend of our time.
It is no exaggeration to call this recording an historic venture: in June, Mutter and the Berliner Philharmoniker, whose deep and lasting artistic relationship
was forged in the 1970s, came together at the Berlin Philharmonie, to make their first studio album in almost 30 years.
Here, she records Dvorák's Violin Concerto - the last of the great Romantic violin concertos not yet in her discography.
Anne-Sophie Mutter has chosen to pair Dvorák's Violin Concerto with his fiery Mazurek Op. 49, and the Romance in F minor for violin and orchestra Op.
11. The album also includes Dvorák's irresistible Humoresque, presented in its popular arrangement for violin and piano by Fritz Kreisler.
All works on this recording exemplify the vivid colour, touching melancholy and folkloric tunefulness that are trademarks of Dvorák's style.1. Allegro ma non troppo - Quasi moderato
2. Adagio, ma non troppo
3. Finale (Allegro giocoso, ma non troppo)
4. Romance In F Minor, Op.11
5. Mazurek, Op.49
6. Humoresque, Op.101, No.7$25.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Souvenir Part 1The ensemble TrondheimSolistene was founded in 1988 by Bjarne Fiskum, and was for many years an arena for professional concert training for string-players at the Conservatory in Trondheim. As a result of many concerts throughout Europe as well as concert tours to the United States, Japan and Brazil, the TrondheimSolistene has grown to be an ensemble of international renown, receiving much critical acclaim and attracting attention with its combination of high standards, youthful vigor and lively enthusiasm for the music.
New collaborations have pleased both performers and audiences alike, and the orchestra has been noted for its considerable musical versatility, performing music from the baroque and romantic repertoires as well as tango, jazz, rock and contemporary music. The ensemble is an important advocate of Norwegian music, has commissioned and given premiers of several works and invariably includes Norwegian works in its concert tour programs. TrondheimSolistenes discography includes over twenty recordings. Øyvind Gimse was appointed artistic director of TrondheimSolistene in 2002, continuing the ensembles broad programming profile and musical versatility. TrondheimSolistene collaborates regularly with soloists such as Leif Ove Andsnes, Martin Fröst, Joshua Bell, Ole Edvard Antonsen, Arve Tellefsen and Anne-Sophie Mutter.
Through its dynamic co-operation TrondheimSolistene (the Trondheim Soloists) and 2L has always stretched the boundaries of what is possible to convey to the listener, aiming for the ultimate recorded listening experience. With the Serenade the team has taken things one step further with the TrondheimSolistene truly justifying their name. By placing each individual next to someone from a different voice rather than sitting in conventional sections we are working at the very outer limits of what is possible and creating chamber music at the highest level - Øyvind Gimse, 2012.
2L allocated two weeks in 2011 to record this new album. Artistic director Øyvind Gimse and his associate Geir Inge Lotsberg initially chose two pieces that represent, in their estimation, the most beautiful music ever composed for the string orchestra: Tchaikovsky's Souvenir de Florence and his Serenade for Strings. Aiming for a 90 minute program left 30 more minutes to record. So the orchestra and 2L logged on to Facebook and asked the listeners worldwide what they'd like to hear. And the audience responded: Nielsen's Suite Opus 1. A little gem that would exploit the Trondheim Soloists' singular way with Nordic repertoire.
Inspired by Morten Lindberg's extensive work with choral music, the Tchaikovsky's Serenade was recorded with the ensemble placed in mixed voices, meaning no one is sitting beside anyone playing the same part, creating a totally new soundscape to the music. Carl Nielsen's Suite opus 1 is recorded in a more traditional way in these sessions.1. Tchaikovsky - Souvenir de Florence
2. Tchaikovsky - Serenade for Strings, opus 48
3. Nielsen - Suite, opus 1$37.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Berg: Violin Concerto / Rihm: Time Chant (Out Of Stock)Violinist Anne-Sophie Mutter is here at her commanding, warm-toned best! Sensitive, sensuous, soulful and soul-baring, ravishing and ravaged, the music enters your living-room with a vividness you may find overpowering. Mutter and Deutsche Grammophon's commitment to new repertoire is in itself cause for celebration. Mutter performs with conductor James Levine and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.Violin Concerto 'To the Memory of an Angel'
1. Andante - Allegro
2. Allegro - Adagio
'Gesungene Zeit' 1991/92 - Music for violin and orchestra
1. Beginning: quasi senza
2. Takt 179: meno mosso$44.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Temporarily out of stock