- Lowest Price
- Highest Price
$21.99 $17.37 Save $4.62 (21%)
Place In The Sun (On Sale)LA's latin alternative stalwarts make their Vanguard debut with Place in the Sun, a sun-soaked mÉlange of rock, cumbia, hip-hop, funk, dub, and allaround
goodness.1. Place in the Sun
4. Ready to Go
6. Burn It Down
7. Tus Ojos
8. Only Love
9. Échale Grito
10. Time to Go$21.99 $17.37 Save $4.62 (21%)Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Fire AwayFire Away is the Grammy Award-winning bands fifth studio full length. Produced by acclaimed producer Tony Berg, Fire Away features eleven new Ozomatli songs, including the first single Its Only Paper, currently being serviced to radio. Ozomatlis music, a collision of hip hop and salsa, dancehall and cumbia, samba and funk, merengue and comparsa, East LA R&B and New Orleans second line, Jamaican ragga and Indian raga, has long followed a key mantra: it will take you around the world by taking you around the city of LA.
This certainly resonated with producer Tony Berg (Aimee Mann, Pete Yorn), who describes working with Ozomatli like visiting seven continents simultaneously. Berg believes the Fire Away sessions captured the spirit of the bands live show without being a live album, and he sensed Ozomatli stretching themselves in the studio, adding each of the members had grown as a writer and as a musician. I think Fire Away reflects their true songwriting talents, everyones point-of-view was captured. That is the spirit of Ozomatli. Theyre pan-cultural, and they somehow manage to be raucous and thoughtful at the same time.1. Are You Ready?
3. Its Only Paper
4. Elysian Persuasion
5. Gay Vatos In Love
6. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
7. Its Only Time
8. Nadas Por Free
9. Malagasy Shock
10. Love Comes Down
11. Caballito$19.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Jack Johnson & Friends: Best Of The Kukua FestivalJust in time for Earth Day, Brushfire Records will release Jack Johnson and Friends: Best of Kokua Festival. The album features a 13-track compilation of live performances from Jack Johnson's benefit concerts for the Kokua Hawaii Foundation. Proceeds from Jack Johnson and Friends: Best of Kokua Festival will benefit the Kokua Hawaii Foundation.
Culled from six years of his eco-minded music festival, Jack Johnson and Friends: Best of Kokua Festival, highlights onstage collaborations with legendary musicians like Willie Nelson, Jackson Browne, Eddie Vedder, Ben Harper, Dave Mathews, Ziggy and Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley and more.
Johnson and his band team up with more than a dozen guest artists to perform both original works and spirited covers of classic songs. The album features several of Johnson's breezy folk-rock gems, including "Constellations" (with Eddie Vedder), "Mudfootball" (with Ozomatli & G. Love), "Breakdown" (with ukulele virtuoso Jake Shimabukuro), and "Better Together" (with Hawaiian singer Paula Fuga).
Elsewhere on Jack Johnson and Friends: Best of Kokua Festival, Johnson joins his guests for stripped-down renditions of their own songs: Taj Mahal offers his bluesy "Further On Down The Road," Jackson Browne revisits "Take It Easy" with the help of singer/guitarist John Cruz (who also shares his Hawaiian anthem "Island Style"), and the Marley brothers bring the reggae with Ziggy's "Cry, Cry, Cry" and Damian's dancehall banger "Welcome to Jamrock."
Rounding out the record are an eclectic collection of covers, including Bob Marley's "High Tide or Low Tide" (featuring Ben Harper), Bob Dylan's "I Shall Be Released" (featuring Eddie Vedder) and Jimmy Buffet's "A Pirate Looks at Forty" (featuring Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds). Willie Nelson, meanwhile, delivers a Harper-assisted take on "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain," the Fred Rose-penned classic he popularized.
Held on Earth Day weekend at Honolulu's Waikiki Shell since its inception in 2004, the Kokua Festival serves as both a community-centered celebration of music and environmental awareness and as the major fundraiser for the Kokua Hawaii Foundation (a nonprofit organization founded by Johnson and his wife Kim in 2003 to support environmental education in the schools and communities of Hawaii). Like the festival itself, Jack Johnson and Friends: Best of Kokua Festival spotlights artists who share the Kokua Hawaii Foundation's mission of protecting the planet and cultivating environmental consciousness.LP1
1. Better Together - Jack Johnson with Paula Fuga
2. Cry, Cry, Cry - Ziggy Marley with Jack Johnson & Paula Fuga
3. A Pirate Looks At Forty - Jack Johnson, Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds
4. Mudfootball - Jack Johnson with Ozomatli & G. Love
5. Constellations - Jack Johnson with Eddie Vedder & Kawika Kahiapo
6. Take It Easy - Jackson Browne with Jack Johnson & John Cruz
7. Island Style - John Cruz with Jack Johnson & Jackson Browne
1. Breakdown - Jack Johnson with Jake Shimabukuro
2. Further On Down The Road - Taj Mahal with Jack Johnson
3. Welcome To Jamrock - Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley with Jack Johnson & Paula Fuga
4. High Tide or Low Tide - Ben Harper & Jack Johnson
5. Blue Eyes Crying In the Rain - Willie Nelson with Jack Johnson & Ben Harper
6. I Shall Be Released - Jack Johnson, Eddie Vedder, Zach Gill & Friends$34.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
The September SessionsOn vinyl for the first time, The September Sessions soundtrack (scored by Jack Johnson), are 10 tracks by various performers including G. Love & Special Sauce, Ozomatli, Beat Down Sound, Princes of Babylon, Bombay the Hard Way, and Johnson himself. Recorded before Johnson's first album Brushfire Fairytales, these tracks predate Johnson's rise to worldwide stardom1. Pirate Looks at 40 (Jack Johnson)
2. What Would You Rather Do (The September Sessions Band)
3. Grey's Groove (DJ Greyboy)
4. Willow Tree (G. Love & Special Sauce)
5. Super Bowl Sundae (Ozomatli)
6. Ganges A Go-Go (Bombay the Hard Way)
7. Thug Style (The September Sessions Band)
8. Meaningless Conversation (Princes of Babylon)
9. Piglet's Lament (Beat Down Sound)
10. F-Stop Blues (Jack Johnson)$24.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Love Saves The Day180 Gram Vinyl In Single Jacket With Booket
For his 10th studio album, G. Love invited friends to help him create "Love Saves The Day". The album features guest artists Lucinda Williams, Citizen Cope, David Hildago of Los Lobos, Ozomatli, DJ Logic,
Money Mark, Zach Gill and Adam Topol. Producer Robert Carranza (Jack Johnson, Beastie Boys) recorded the
group live to capture the raw electricity of the tracks.1. Love Saves The Day - feat. David Hidalgo
2. Dis Song
3. That Girl
4. Back To Boston
5. New York City - feat. Lucinda Williamsv
6. R U Kidding Me?!
7. Muse - feat. Citizen Cope
8. Baby Why You Do Me Like That? - feat. DJ Logic
9. Let's Have A Good Time - feat. Ozomatli
10. Peanut Butter Lips
11. Pick Up The Phone - feat. Kristy Lee
12. Lil' Run Around G$29.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now