- Lowest Price
- Highest Price
As Good As DeadLocal H will dig into their back catalog and release their breakthrough album As Good As Dead on 180 gram vinyl via srcvinyl. This re-issue marks the first time that the album will ever be available in this format. The high-quality, double LP will have a premium gatefold jacket and insert.
As Good As Dead, Local H's second full-length album, was produced by Steven Haigler (Quicksand, Pixies) and was originally released on April, 16, 1996 on Island Records on CD and cassette. The record was the band's first foray into making a concept album and is centered around life in a dead-end, small town. Venerable rock critic Robert Christgau gave the album a stellar A- review in the Village Voice, writing, at the time, "...I wish Pearl Jam, whose leader stars in the title song, packed such isometric power -- that sense of tremendous force bravely exerted against implacable reality -- and I say the exercise makes all of us stronger."
"The question I get asked the absolute most is when are we gonna put the older records out on vinyl?" says Local H frontman, Scott Lucas. "Here's the answer -- in the best possible way. The package is looking pretty good and I'm ALMOST as excited as anybody to finally drop the needle on this album -- on double vinyl, at last."
As Good As Dead spawned four modern rock radio hits including the above-referenced "Eddie Vedder," "Fritz's Corner," "High-Fivin' MF" and "that copacetic song" -- "Bound for the Floor," a track that remains a staple on alternative radio station playlists around the the country two decades later. The band made videos for each of the singles.
Local H, whose members during this time period were Lucas and original drummer Joe Daniels, toured the U.S. non-stop for two years after As Good As Dead was released, headlining their own small and large club shows; opening for Silverchair in bigger venues and Stone Temple Pilots in even bigger arenas (including Madison Square Garden in New York and Rosemont Horizon in Chicago); and performing to audiences of thousands at radio station festivals across the the country, including 1997's HFStival at RFK Stadium in Washington, DC. They toured Australia and played some played some European shows on this album, as well.LP 1
1. Manifest Density Pt. 1
2. High-Fiving MF
3. Bound For The Floor
4. Lovey Dovey
5. I Saw What You Did And I Know Who You Are
6. No Problem
7. Nothing Special
1. Eddie Vedder
2. Back In The Day
3. Freeze-Dried (F)lies
4. Fritz's Corner
6. Manifest Density Pt. 2$32.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Buy Now
Where Is My Mind? A Tribute To The Pixies
Randomly Mixed Split Color Vinyl
Reissue of a long out of print LP tribute to the Pixies. Originally released in 1999, this unique compilation brought many key bands of that time together for a tribute to the highly influential Pixies. Each track was hand selected and recorded independently by each band with their unique take on a Pixies track.
Featuring The Get Up Kids, Braid, Sense Field, SuperDrag, Weezer, Local H, Reel Big Fish, Nada Surf, Promise Ring, and others.1. Eve 6 - Allison
2. The Get Up Kids - Alec Eiffel
3. Weezer - Velouria
4. Far - Monkey Gone To Heaven
5. Braid - Trompe Le Monde
6. Superdrag - Wave Of Mutilation
7. Teen Heroes - Manta Ray
8. Local H - Tame
9. Reel Big Fish - Gigantic
10. The Siren Six! - The Holiday Song
11. Nada Surf - Where Is My Mind?
12. Promise Ring - Gouge Away
13. Samiam - Here Comes Your Man
14. Weston - La La Love You
15. Sense Field - Caribou$19.99Colored Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
O T H E RFolk-pop act Any Kind is comprised of a handful of regulars from the local music scene: three members from This is Me Smiling and one from Inspector Owl, guys who move between bands often enough that it's like Chicago's music scene is their own personal swinger party.
It's pretty clear from the first listen of their self-titled debut album that these kids have been playing together for a long time. They have a comfortable chemistry, more lo-fi, relaxed, and naturally flowing than what you'll hear from This is Me Smiling. The album's opening track, "Only Gonna Let You Down" is a good example, with sparse and scratchy guitar play, light drumming, and lyrics that follow the train of thought of a wary lover. The act also has a knack for infectious beats, like in "Never Seen Anyone Out There Like You" and "One More."
- Sarah Cobarrubias (Chicagoist)1. Aria
2. Make You See
3. Lost Again, I Am
4. My Brother
6. Hold Please
7. Loving You For So Long
9. Welcome To The Neighborhood
10. Creep All Night$17.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
New Normal CatastropheThis 5-song 12 EP is blazing fast and intelligent hardcore, 80s style, a la AOF's classic What We Want Is Free EP (1982) & Give Thanks LP (1984). Recorded at Chicago's Million Yen Studios (Cheap Trick, Effigies, Local H, Smoking Popes) on July 4, 2010, these 5 songs show the band members' continuing political involvement and brutal musical chops. This lineup had not written or recorded together since 1985's In This Life LP.
New Normal Catastrophe was mixed by J. Robbins (of Jawbox & Report Suspicious Activity [a collaboration between J. Robbins and AOF's Vic Bondi]) in Baltimore, MD.
This 5-song 12 is released in time for the return of the original lineup to the stage at Chicago's annual RIOT FEST from October 6-October 10, 2010. This lineup has not played live together since July 1985!1. With A Vengeance
2. Coming Off The Rails
3. New Normal Catastrophe
4. Hammer Song
5. Brother John$9.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Melco N1ZH/2 Music Server (Pre-Order)
Have a question about this product? Please email our audio advisor or call 1-877-929-8729 with any questions or concerns regarding your equipment purchase.
Melco N1Z/2 Hardware
Melco N1Z/2 is the flagship of the new Mk2 series. True audiophile source components designed for both Ethernet connected Players (Streamers) and for connection to a USB connected DAC. The N1Z/2 is constructed as a true Hi-Fi source component with heavy anodised aluminium chassis sections bead blasted to a delightful finish, and with an internal rigid H frame to isolate vibration and isolate the various sections of the hardware. Twin power supplies with additional capacitor banks with audio grade film capacitors isolate the HDD from the data processing, and multiple stages of noise reduction and isolation ensure the quietest possible environment for the sensitive electronics. A precision low jitter clock handles the data flow whether to the USB-DAC or the Ethernet player. The drives are mounted on massive non-magnetic foundation plate, and the N1ZS20 uses 2nd generation SSD which is quite unlike IT SSD which seriously compromise sound quality. The SSDS are format as RAID 0 for optimum sound quality. The N1ZH has SFF drives - which are much less electrical noise than conventional 3.5 inch HDD. Operation of the N1Z is very convenient, with a dedicated Neutrik USB 2.0 port for a DAC, and then 3 USB 3.0 ports for Easy backup, Easy Expansion, Easy Import of CD or from USB drives, Easy Play without import from USB drives or CD loader so that a legacy CD collection can benefit from the latest DAC technology. All without ant require men for a PC or any IT type devices.
Constructed as a pure Audiophile Source Component
- Heavy aluminium extrusions, bead blasted to a beautiful anodised
- High stability noise eliminating H cross-frame construction for
- Single press power button - same as Hi-Fi components and
unlike any IT device
- Comfortable front panel buttons with positive click for easy
- OLED display to reduce internal noise
- Rear USB 3.0 ports - BACKUP, EXPANSION USB-DAC or Easy
Import from Flash drive, CD drive or HDD
- 3 pole IEC mains inlet with true electrical ground to define source
component as ground point, and internal power-line noise filter.
- TAOC vibration isolating feet
MELCO Direct Streaming Music + MELCO Ethernet Purifier
- Dual Ethernet ports - dedicated PLAYER port and LAN port
- Direct Mode allows N1 to connect to Player without any Router
(Melco gives IP address to Player)
- RJ-45 with low noise light pipe LED indicators
- Micro miniature high performance network pulse transformers
- Audio grade ultra-low jitter internal data clock
- High data integrity and precision low jitter clock buffer
- FPGA voltage control system
MELCO Local USB-DAC Player
- Simply connect a USB-DAC to the connected port to use the
N1Z/2 as Player and Transport
- Play Local stored music, Network music from UPnP player,
Streaming Music (requires Android Tablet), USB Music and CD
- Control and music selection from the front panel OLED display
- Control from your favourite iOS or Android App
MELCO Clear and Dynamic Power Supply
- Low noise 30W x2 medical grade power supplies and capacitor banks with audio grade film capacitors
- Dedicated supply for SSD / HDD and signal processing electronics to isolate noise
- 3 pole IEC mains inlet with noise filters maintain a noise free environment. Signal ground terminal defines the N1Z as the system source
- Revised internal wiring harness and noise isolation
Internal Disk Drive
$4,999.00Music Server PRE-ORDER Buy Now
- N1ZS/2 - 2nd Generation Audio Grade SSD. Totally unlike IT drives - new NAND array audio dedicated controller
- Precision slow data writing and self-integrity check
- SSD is mounted on heavy non-magnetic foundation within an isolated compartment of the H frame and is powered by dedicated SHDD
- N1ZH/2: large capacity SFF HDD (2 x 3TB RAID 0,1, Spanned)
- Latest low noise and low vibration SFF design
- Heavy aluminium extrusions, bead blasted to a beautiful anodised
Southern GothicConstellations stomping ground is Atlanta, GA, and in the wee small hours of the morning, A-Town can get awfully bizarre.
The record is all about what happens in Atlanta from 2 AM until noon. Your tour guide on this madcap adventure is the magnetic frontman and vocalist Elijah Jones, the ringleader of the twisted circus that is The Constellations, who spent two years writing and recording the album with producer Ben H. Allen (Animal Collective, Gnarls Barkley), along with some storied cronies from the local scene. Not that they set out with specific intentions. Far from it. All of us wanted to do a record about Atlanta, but we never said it in words, recalls Jones. But the deeper we got into it, the more we realized we were writing a concept album.
Atlanta is strange, he adds, because were all basically pushed together. The hip-hop heads, punk rockers, and indie kids all rub shoulders and mix it up. Southern Gothic reflects that inclusive diversity in its far-reaching sound. The record was designed to sound lyrically and melodically very thought out, and sonically very disorganized, comments Allen. One expects nothing less from a singer who cites Tom Waits and Cee-Lo of Goodie Mob and Gnarls Barkley as his musical heroes, working with a producer who name-checks Fela Kuti and Gorillaz among their records key influences.
The bands name refers to the myriad musicians from the regional scene who either contributed to making Southern Gothic, or have since played in The Constellations live band. One luminary who drops in is Cee-Lo, whose verse on the electro-rocker Love Is A Murder prompted a completely overhaul the track underneath. Another guest is suburban rapper Asher Roth, lending his playful rhymes to Were Here To Save The Day, among the album's most insidious moments. On the one hand, this dittys sound is pure sing-along bliss, with a gleeful chorus delivered by Elijahs niece and nephew. Yet at the same time, Jones and Roth drop rhymes that lampoon commercial top 40 hip-hop and chest-thumping poseurs.1. Setback
2. Perfect Day
3. Love Is A Murder
5. Take A Ride
6. Were Here To Save The Day
8. Step Right Up
9. What I See
10. Weighing Me Down
11. On My Way Up$19.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now