- Lowest Price
- Highest Price
In Between Tears (Awaiting Repress)Re-released for the first time since its original release in 1973! A lost classic that captures deep soul at its most poignant and resonant, couching Thomas' deeply affecting vocals in earthy arrangements that emphasize the singer's gospel roots. In Between Tears is finally back for the first time since 1973.1. In Between Tears
2. She'll Never Be Your Wife
3. These Four Walls
4. Whats So Wrong With You Loving Me
5. You're The Dog (I Do The Barking Myself)
6. Medley: Coming From Behind (Monologue)
7. Wish Someone Would Care
8. Turn My World Around$18.99Vinyl LP - Sealed AWAITING REPRESS Buy Now
Big Little Lies (Music From The HBO Limited Series)Pop songs are knit cleverly and stylishly into the fabric of HBO's best series of the moment, Big Little Lies.
The roster on Music from the HBO Limited Series BIG LITTLE LIES consists primarily of neo-soul and R&B-informed singer/songwriters, both old-school veterans (Irma Thomas) and relative newcomers (Villagers). There's also a track by cast member and musician-in-her-own-right Zoë Kravitz.1. Michael Kiwanuka: "Cold Little Heart"
2. Charles Bradley: "Victim of Love"
3. Martha Wainwright: "Bloody Mother Fucking Asshole"
4. Leon Bridges: "River"
5. Kinny: "Queen of Boredness"
6. Agnes Obel: "September Song"
7. Alabama Shakes: "This Feeling"
8. Charles Bradley: "Changes"
9. Irma Thomas: "Straight From the Heart"
10. Villagers: "Nothing Arrived"
11. Zoë Kravitz: "Don't"
12. Conor O'Brien: "The Wonder of You"
13. Daniel Agee: "How's the World Treating You"
14. Ituana: "You Can't Always Get What You Want"$39.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Mink, Rat Or RabbitContinuing their commitment to celebrating and shining a light on classic and influential music from Detroit, Third Man Records is honored to be able to re-introduce the world to the undeniable importance of the Detroit Cobras.
As one of the earliest salvos in the great Detroit garage explosion of the turn of the century, the Detroit Cobras Mink, Rat or Rabbit is a landmark album. Comprised solely of cover songs (as has always been the band's MO) the Cobra's spirited takes on Motown classics (''I'll Keep Holding On'' originally by the Marvellettes), garage punk laments (''Bad Girl'' originally known as ''Bad Man'' by the Oblivians) girl group Tear-Jerkers (''Easier to Cry'' originally by the Shangri-Las) and New Orleans soul standards (''Breaka-way'' originally by Irma Thomas) and the end result is nothing short of a staple that any record collection is empty without.1. Cha-Cha Twist
2. I'll Keep Holding On
3. Putty (In Your Hands)
4. It's Easier to Cry
5. Bad Girl
6. The Slummer the Slum
7. Midnite Blues
8. You Knows What To Do
9. Can't Do Without You
10. Hittin' On Nothing
11. Out of This World
13. Break-a-way$17.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Ya-Ka-MayIn the wake of Hurricane Katrina, various groups offered their musical tributes to the city, but few if any captured the diverse snapshot that is New Orleans. Most tended to view the place as something of a musical museum, while ignoring the town's vibrant and innovative new music: the energetic, highly eroticized, and occasionally gender-bending style of hip hop called bounce. Now Galactic have made what may be the definitive New Orleans tribute with Ya-Ka-May, by recognizing this fundamental truth; that all of the town's seemingly disparate styles like jazz, brass bands and funk as well as the newer bounce/hip hop are intrinsically linked. There is a particular inclusiveness about the place which connects both its people and their music, linking seemingly discordant genres from bounce to jazz, brass bands to rock, gospel to funk. There is also, even in the face of diversity, a sense of infectious fun and joy in these grooves, just as there is on the streets of a city that always knows how to let its hair down.
The album features established legends such as the Rebirth Brass Band, Irma Thomas, Big Chief Bo Dollis, Allen Toussaint and Walter ôWolfmanö Washington with younger artists like Trombone Shorty and Corey Henry, John Boutt?, Josh Cohen and Scully, and Glen David Andrews, as well as groundbreaking new bounce artists like Cheeky Blakk, Big Freedia, Katey Red, and Sissy Nobby.1. Friends of Science
2. Boe Money (featuring The Rebirth Brass Band
3. Double It (featuring Big Freedia)
4. Heart of Steel (featuring Irma Thomas)
5. Wild Man (featuring Big Chief Bo Dollis)
6. Bacchus (featuring Allen Toussaint)
7. Katey vs. Nobby (featuring Katey Red and Sissy Nobby)
8. Cineramascope (featuring Trombone Shorty and Corey Henry)
9. Dark Water (featuring John Boutte)
10. Do It Again (featuring Cheeky Blakk)
11. Liquor Pang (featuring Josh Cohen and Ryan Scully from the Morning 40 Federation)
12. Krewe d'etat
13. You Don't know (featuring Glen David Andrews and The Rebirth Brass Band)
14. Speaks His Mind (featuring Walter Wolfman Washington)
15. Do It Again (again) (featuring Cheeky Blakk)$19.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Lonely In A Crowded RoomLonely In A Crowded Room finds Pegi Young again showcasing her singing and songwriting talents on a rich and well thought out album. Her 4th offering builds on the acclaim and success of the previous three, the first being released in 2007. Mixed in with her original compositions are three well-selected covers - the Allen Toussaint penned / Irma Thomas classic Ruler Of My Heart; Spooner Oldham's Lonely Women Make Good Lovers; and Don't Let Me Be Lonely by Jerry Ragovoy.1. I Be Weary
3. Better Livin' Through Chemicals
4. Ruler Of My Heart
5. Lonely Women Make Good Lovers
6. Don't Let Me Be Lonely
7. Feels Just Like A Memory
8. In My Dreams
9. Walking On The Tightrope
10. Blame It On Me$20.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now