- Lowest Price
- Highest Price
The Classic Big Band Christmas AlbumThe Classic Big Band Christmas Album features your favorite holiday songs as performed by Benny Goodman, Peggy Lee, Glenn Miller, Spike Jones, Sammy Kaye and more!1. Winter Weather (Mono Recording) - Peggy Lee & Benny Goodman
2. (Don't Wait Till) The Night Before Christmas (78rpm Version) - Eddy Duchin and His Orchestra
3. It's Winter Again - Isham Jones & His Orchestra feat. Frank Sylvano
4. A Wonderful Winter (78rpm Version) - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
5. Winter Wonderland (78rpm Version) - Sammy Kaye and His Orchestra
6. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! (78rpm Version) - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
7. Snowfall - Claude Thornhill & His Orchestra
8. I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm - Red Norvo & His Orchestra
9. Jingle Bells - Glenn Miller & his Orchestra
10. Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town (78rpm Version) - Sammy Kaye and His Orchestra
11. Hello, Mr. Kringle (78rpm Version) - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
12. White Christmas (78rpm Version) - Harry James & His Orchestra feat. Marion Morgan
13. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On an Open Fire) - Les Brown & His Orchestra
14. I Want You for Christmas - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra
15. All I Want for Christmas (Is My Two Front Teeth) - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
16. Little Jack Frost Get Lost (78rpm Version) - Frankie Carle with Marjorie Hughes
17. What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
18. Auld Lang Syne (78rpm Version) - Vaughn Monroe and His Orchestra$19.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
The Percussion RecordThe O-Zone Percussion Group consists of selected percussionists at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Their conductor, Dr. Gary J. Olmstead, has been Director of Percussion studies at IUP since 1966. He received a Bachelor of Music degree from the University of Michigan, Master of Fine Arts degree from Ohio University and Doctor of Musical Arts degree from the Cleveland Institute of Music. He is recognized nationally as a leading percussion educator and is active as a performer, conductor, and clinician.
Carl Adams has been a professor at Indiana University of Pennsylvania since 1979 teaching flute, jazz Improvisation and is a member of the IUP Faculty Woodwind Quintet. Active on both the classical and jazz scene, Adams has performed with the U.S. Military Academy Band, the Keystone Wind Ensemble and the Akron and Johnstown Symphonies. Solo recital appearances include the Kennedy Center, Wolf Trap, Carnegie Recital Hall and the Chautauqua Institution. He performs in a tri-state area with the Carl Adams Jazz Quartet and has appeared at the Pittsburgh Jazz Society, Nemacolin in Woodlands, Three Rivers Arts Festival, the Westin-William Penn (Pittsburgh) and in benefit concerts for the Westmoreland Symphony.
James Rupp is a veteran of the great 'big bands' of Woody Herman, Maynard Ferguson and Glenn Miller, including tours of the United States and Europe. Jim has recorded television specials with the Woody Herman Orchestra and the Bobby Floyd Trio and live albums with the Woody Herman and Glenn Miller Orchestras.
Jerry Tachoir is acclaimed by critics for his talent, versatality, and his studious grasp of the jazz idiom and brings an exciting and engaging dimension to his performances. He has been an active member of the Ludwig/Musser clinic staff since 1972. His most requested clinic features include improvisational techniques, harmonic awareness, and vibe technique.
The connection of the percussion ensemble with jazz/rock/popular music seems a logical one given the inclusion of various percussion instruments as integral parts of this music. The drumset, of course, was present from the beginning of jazz and rock. The vibraphon has long been a favorite jazz instrument and the xylophone was a favorite ragtime solo instrument in the early part of the 20th century. Ethnic percussion instruments from Latin America, Africa and other cultures have long been used in the jazz/rock/pop Idiom.
Dr. Gary J. Olmstead, conductor
Carl Adams, percussion
James Rupp, percussion
Jerry Tachoir, percussion1. Jazz Variants
2. A Time for Jazz
5. Suite for Drumset
6. Conflict of Interest
7. Rondo Barock
8. La Bamba$49.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now