- Lowest Price
- Highest Price
Forrest Gump (20th Anniversary Soundtrack) (Awaiting Repress)Mastered For Vinyl And Lacquers Created By Kevin Gray, Then Plated At RTI
First Pressing Is On An 'All-American' Limited Edition And Hand-Numbered 3x 180 Gram Colored Vinyl LPs: Red, White And Blue
Vinyl Made In America At United Record Pressing Plant
Triple Panel Gatefold Jacket. Matte Paper Finish With Spot UV
Three Matte 11x11'' Full Color Inserts
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the motion picture Forrest Gump, we're proud to announce the first ever North American vinyl pressing of the soundtrack. All 32-tracks have been placed across three records to ensure maximum audio-fidelity, in addition to vinyl mastering and lacquers by Kevin Gray, and plating at RTI. The album will be available on 180 Gram ''All American'' Red, White and Blue vinyl LPs, pressed at United Record Pressing in the USA. First pressings will be hand-numbered and limited.
The 32-song soundtrack from the film was originally released on July 6, 1994. The soundtrack includes songs from Elvis Presley, Fleetwood Mac, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Aretha Franklin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Three Dog Night, The Byrds, The Doors, The Mamas & the Papas, The Doobie Brothers, Simon & Garfunkel, Bob Seger, and Buffalo Springfield, among others. Music producer Joel Sill reflected on compiling the soundtrack: ''We wanted to have very recognizable material that would pinpoint time periods, yet we didn't want to interfere with what was happening cinematically.'' The two-disc album has a variety of music from the 1950s-1980s performed by American artists. According to Sill, this was due to Zemeckis' request, ''All the material in there is American. Bob (Zemeckis) felt strongly about it. He felt that Forrest wouldn't buy anything but American.''
Forrest Gump: The Soundtrack is one of the most successful movie soundtrack albums of all time. The album - like the film - instantly captured the heart of America, going into the top 10 of Billboard's Pop Album chart and shipping over 1 million units in its first few weeks of release. This timeless double album of American Classics has since been certified DIAMOND - selling over 6 million copies.
''The movie Forrest Gump is about time. A simple man's journey through complicated times. The coming-of-age of a generation and a country. And at the heart of the story is the music. Music that lives with us, always there to remind us of the people, the places, and the events of our time.'' - Robert Zemeckis & Eric RothLP1
1. Elvis Presley - Hound Dog
2. Duane Eddy - Rebel Rouser
3. Clarence ''Frogman'' Henry - (I Don't Know Why) But I Do
4. The Rooftop Singers - The Walk Right In
5. Wilson Pickett - Land Of 1000 Dances
6. Joan Baez - Blowin' In The Wind
7. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son
8. The Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)
9. Aretha Franklin - Respect
10. Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
11. The Beach Boys - Sloop John B
12. The Mamas & The Papas - California Dreamin'
13. Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth
1. Jackie DeShannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
2. The Doors - Break On Through (To The Other Side)
3. Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
4. Jefferson Airplane - Volunteers
5. The Youngbloods - Let's Get Together
6. Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair)
7. The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
8. The Fifth Dimension - Medley: Aquarius / Let The Sunshine In
9. Harry Nilsson - Everybody's Talkin'
10. Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
11. The Supremes - Stoned Love
1. B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head
2. Randy Newman - Mr. President (Have Pity On The Working Man)
3. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
4. The Doobie Brothers - The It Keeps You Runnin'
5. Gladys Knight & The Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
6. Willie Nelson - On The Road Again
7. Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - Against The Wind
8. Alan Silvestri - Forrest Gump Suite$49.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 3 LPs AWAITING REPRESS Buy Now
The Shawshank Redemption SoundtrackInsert / PVC Protective Sleeve
Includes Original Songs By The Inkspots And Hank Williams
Get busy living or get busy dying
1994 proved to be an amazing good year for movie theaters, as these classic films saw the light of day; Pulp Fiction, Lion King, Forrest Gump, Natural Born Killers and The Shawshank Redemption.
The Shawshank Redemption tells the story of Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins), a banker who is sentenced to life in Shawshank State Penitentiary for the murder of his wife and her lover, despite his claims of innocence. During his time at the prison, he befriends a fellow inmate, Ellis Boyd Red Redding (Morgan Freeman), and finds himself protected by the guards after the warden begins using him in his money-laundering operation.
The film received multiple award nominations (including seven Oscar nominations) and highly positive reviews from critics for its acting, story, and realism. It is considered to be one of the greatest films of the 90s. Readers of Empire magazine voted the film as the best film of the 90s, and it placed number 4 on Empire's list of The 500 Greatest Movies of All Time in 2008. In March 2011, the film was voted by BBC Radio 1 listeners as their favorite film of all time. The Shawshank Redemption is the highest-rated movie on IMDB with an average star count of 9.3, closely followed by The Godfather.
The Shawshank Redemption score was composed by multiple (Grammy) award winner Thomas Newman. The score was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Score in 1994, which was Newman's first Oscar nomination.
A central scene in the film features the soprano Letter Duet (Canzonetta sull'aria) from Mozart's The Marriage of Figaro, which is included on the soundtrack. Original songs by Hank Williams and The Inkspots are included as well.LP 1
2. Shawshank Prison (Stoic Theme)
3. New Fish
4. Rock Hammer
5. An Inch Of His Life
6. If I Didn't Care - The Inkspots
7. Brooks Was Here
8. His Judgement Cometh
9. Suds On The Roof
11. Shawshank Redemption
1. Lovesick Blues - Hank Williams
2. Elmo Blatch
5. The Marriage Of Figaro/ "Duettino - Sull 'Aria" - Deutsch Oper Berlin/Karl Böhm
6. Lovely Racquel
7. And That Right Soon
8. Compass And Guns
9. So Was Red
10. End Title$42.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
$36.99 $29.22 Save $7.77 (21%)
The Walk Soundtrack (Colored Vinyl) (On Sale)Limited Edition Blue Colored Vinyl
180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl with Gatefold Sleeve, 4-page Booklet and PVC Protective Sleeve
Twelve people have walked on the moon, but only one man - Philippe Petit (played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt) - has ever, or will ever, walk in the immense void between the World Trade Center towers. Guided by his real-life mentor, Papa Rudy (Ben Kingsley), and aided by an unlikely band of international recruits, Petit and his gang overcome long odds, betrayals, dissension and countless close calls to conceive and execute their mad plan.
Directed by Robert Zemeckis (Forrest Gump, Cast Away, Back to the Future, Polar Express), the film boasts cutting edge technology in the service of an emotional, character-driven story. The Walk is true big-screen cinema, a chance for moviegoers to viscerally experience the feeling of reaching the clouds. The film is also a love letter to Paris and New York City in the 1970s, but most of all, to the Towers of the World Trade Center.
Alan Silvestri has scored some of the most iconically revered films in Hollywood history, amassing over a hundred credits to the tune of two Oscar and Golden Globe nominations (a.o. for the Forrest Gump soundtrack), as well as three Grammy awards. While stylistically diverse, the unifying voice of Alan's work is an unmistakable rhythmic melody whose themes continue to embody movie excitement and drama for generations of moviegoers.1. Pourquoi?
2. Young Philippe
3. Two Loves
4. The Towers of Notre Dame
5. ''It's Something Beautiful''
6. Spy Work
7. Full of Doubt
8. Time Passes
9. The Arrow
10. ''We Have A Problem''
11. The Walk
12. ''I Feel Thankful''
13. ''They Want To Kill You''
14. ''There Is No Why''
15. ''Perhaps You Brought Them To Life-Given Them A Soul''$36.99 $29.22 Save $7.77 (21%)180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now