By Label / Make
By Artist / Manufacturer
By Label / Make
By Genre / Model
- Lowest Price
- Highest Price
Sunday At The Village VanguardFew albums in the history of contemporary American music can be more deserving than this one of the designation Original Jazz Classic. It is the first of two Riverside albums derived from the legendary final appearance of the first Bill Evans trio - taped during the last day of a Village Vanguard engagement, barely ten days before the tragic death of bassist Scott LaFaro. The recordings have long been recognized as capturing the essence of the unique three-way interaction that characterized the trio. This album is further distinguished by its emphasis on the solo work and compositions of the innovative LaFaro.1. Gloria's Step
2. My Man's Gone Now
4. Alice in Wonderland
5. All Of You
6. Jade Visions$21.99Vinyl LP Reissue - Sealed Buy Now
Sunday At The Village VanguardImport1. Gloria's Step
2. My Man's Gone Now
4. Alice in Wonderland
5. All Of You
6. Jade Visions
7. Jade Visions (alt take) *
*Bonus Track$24.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Hotel SessionsHotel Sessions is an intimate musical artifact documenting a Sunday night that Evan Dando spent recording songs with just an acoustic guitar (and some revealing commentary) in a hotel room in Bondi Beach, Australia almost 20 years ago. The yearning 14-song collection features raw versions of many tracks that would make up 1993's Come On Feel The Lemonheads including such Lemonheads' classics as Into Your Arms, Down About It and The Great Big No not to mention undiscovered material that never made it onto an official album until now.1. Big Gay Heart
2. Great Big No
3. Paid To Smile
4. Its About Time
6. Ill Do It Anyway
7. Rest Assured
8. You Can Take It With You (pt.2)
9. Down About It
10. Into Your Arms
12. And So The Story Goes
13. Being Around
14. You Can Take It With You (pt.1)$17.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
The Complete Village Vanguard Recordings, 1961
4 LP Box Set Pressed On 180 Gram Vinyl
Includes 12 Page Booklet
Ranked time after time as one of the best live jazz recording sessions in history, and yielding two of Evans' most classic albums (Waltz for Debby, Sunday
at the Village Vanguard), The Complete Village Vanguard Recordings, 1961 represents the pinnacle of spontaneous musical communication: three men
breathing as one on a tiny bandstand.
This box set is the ultimate collectible item for any jazz fan. Pressed on 180-gram vinyl, this four-LP set comes with a 12-page booklet, complete with
new liner notes by reissue producer Bill Belmont, as well as the original liner notes by the producer of the original recordings,Orrin Keepnews.
Reproductions of session notes and photographer Steve Schapiro's proof sheets from the performances add vintage context to the packaging. Also
included in the box is a stunning metallic and black poster of the famous cover - Evans, in profile, deep in concentration at his piano.
Everything Bill Evans, Scott LaFaro, and Paul Motian had been working on for the previous 18 months led to this moment on June 25, 1961. The little-known pianist and his trio performed afternoon and evening sets that Sunday to a small audience that unknowingly sat through what would become a very
famous - and final - set by the trio as a whole. The 25-year old LeFaro died tragically in a car accident just ten days later. The performances on these
LPs demonstrate a new and more interactive approach to playing as a trio, one in which all instruments carry melodic responsibilities and function as
equal voices. Contrapuntal dialogues take place between Evans's poetic piano and LaFaro's bass, with Motian's sustained riveted ride cymbal providing a
carpet of stars. These recordings provide something of a sonic time capsule: sequenced in the original order of the five sets; the audience's murmurings
and applause peppered throughout; even an interrupted take is left intact.
This box set is the definitive keepsake for audiophiles, Bill Evans fans and jazz collectors, alike, and, in its limited run, will go quickly.LP 1
1. Spoken Introduction
2. Gloria's Step (Take 1, Interrupted)
3. Alice In Wonderland (Take 1)
4. My Foolish Heart
5. All Of You (Take 1)
6. Announcement And Intermission
1. My Romance (Take 1)
2. Some Other Time
4. Gloria's Step (Take 2)
5. My Man's Gone Now
6. All Of You (Take 2)
1. Detour Ahead (Take 1)
2. Discussing Repertoire
3. Waltz For Debby (Take 1)
4. Alice In Wonderland (Take 2)
5. Porgy (I Loves You, Porgy)
6. My Romance (Take 2)
1. Detour Ahead (take 2)
2. Gloria's Step (Take 3)
3. Waltz For Debby (Take 2)
4. All Of You (Take 3)
5. Jade Visions (Take 1)
6. Jade Visions (Take 2)
7. ...A Few Final Bars$99.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP Box Set - 4 LPs Sealed Buy Now
StomachachesFRNKIERO ANDTHE CELLABRATION, the new project from Frank Iero, will be supporting Taking Back Sunday and The Used on their upcoming North
American co-headline tour set for September and October. frnkiero andthe cellabration will be touring in support of their debut album, STOMACHACHES,
that will be released by Staple Records in 2014.
"I'm really looking forward to getting on the road and finally playing these songs live," said Iero. "It's strange, while making Stomachaches I never got to
really play the songs before recording them, because for the most part, it was just me, making them all by myself late at night in my basement. So it's kind
of a scary and exciting experience for me right now to finally hear these songs come to life in a live setting. And I'm glad to be able to be doing it with old
friends like Taking Back Sunday and The Used."
Iero, former guitarist for My Chemical Romance, will be joined on the road by Evan Nestor on guitar, Rob Hughes on bass and drummer Matt Olsson.
Stomachaches was selected by Alternative Press magazine as one of their "Most Anticipated of 2014" and fans first heard solo material from Iero when
he contributed a bonus track - "This Song Is A Curse" - to the Frankenweenie Unleashed soundtrack. Most recently Iero can be heard covering
"Extraordinary Girl" for Kerrang's tribute to Green Day, American Idiot.1. all i want is nothing.
3. blood infections.
4. she's the prettiest girl at the party and she can prove it with a solid right hook.
7. stage 4 fear of trying.
10. smoke rings.
12. where do we belong? anywhere but here.$19.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Coast To CoastThe River City Tanlines (named in honor of the farmer tan) is a three-piece rock band from Memphis, TN. Principle songwriter and hardest working woman in the music business, Alicja Trout, is a veteran of countless noteworthy punk/indie bands over the years, including The Clears, The Lost Sounds and her current projects Alicja-pop, MouseRocket and Black Sunday. Likewise the powerful rhythm section of Terrence Bishop and John Bonds are no strangers to the scene either, having played together behind such names as Jack Oblivion, R.L. Burnside, Jim Dandy & Black Oak Arkansas, and Monsieur Jeffrey Evans.
In 2009 the River City Tanlines appeared in Craig Brewer's (Hustle and Flow, Black Snake Moan) web-series Five Dollar Cover for MTV, and performed I'm Your Negative in a rollerderby fight scene. They also have a song (Black Knight, a crowd favorite at live shows) featured in the EA Sports video game Skate. Together since late 2004, the band has toured extensively in North America and Europe playing clubs and festivals, and has ten releases on various record labels around the world. Their last album I'm Your Negative was released in 2006 by Dirtnap Records out of Portland, OR.
This, their newest offering, Coast To Coast, was produced by Bruce Watson (Hasil Adkins, T-Model Ford, John Paul Keith) at his Dial Back Sound Studios and will be released on Big Legal Mess Records/Fat Possum. The 10-song set runs the gamut from the galloping opener I Don't Get It to the poppy Stop My Heart to the Ramones-esque Pretty Please and the psyche rock of Dark Matter, all adding up to what is sure to become another Memphis classic!1. I Don't Get It
2. Stop My Heart
3. Pretty Please
5. When I Became You
6. Dark Matter
7. You Shot Me
8. Can't Stand You Anymore
9. Can You Handle This Heart
10. Waiting For Nothing$16.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Sunday at The Village Vanguard (Out Of Stock)
Mastered from the Original Master Tapes With Mobile Fidelity's One-Step Process: Sunday at the Village Vanguard UD1S 45RPM Box Set the Ultimate Analog Version of Bill Evans' 1961 Jazz Staple
Deluxe Packaging Includes Opulent Box, Special Jackets and Unique Bonus Artwork: No Expense Spared, Strictly Limited to 3000 Numbered Copies
Gorgeous Romanticism, Seamless Chemistry, Group Interplay, and Symbiotic Trio Performances Forever Changed Jazz: Evans' Live Masterwork Boasts Brilliant Sound, Lyrical Pianism, Magical Feel
The gorgeous romanticism of Bill Evans' Sunday at the Village Vanguard cannot be overstated. Neither can the iconic record's place in history - nor what it signifies to generations upon generations of listeners hypnotized by the consummate playing, resplendent compositions, and seamless chemistry. Originally released in1961, the live set remains the gold standard for symbiotic trio performance, empathy, and communication. Because of Orrin Keepnews' brilliant recording, it also survives as one of the best-sounding jazz albums extant - a fact confirmed by its appearance on multiple reissues over the past few decades. But it's never sounded better than this.
Evans' masterwork reaches three-dimensional sonic and emotional heights never before attained by analog recordings on this opulent Mobile Fidelity UD1S box set complete with special jackets and a unique insert. Strictly numbered to 3000 copies, this ultra-hi-fi audiophile edition literally and figuratively brings you closer to the music of this Riverside staple that, along with the complementary Waltz for Debby, transformed Evans into a legend and became a blueprint for how jazz trios should work together. You'll enjoy deep-black backgrounds, pointillistic details, and staggering dynamics. Experienced via UD1S, Sunday at the Village Vanguard places Evans and his esteemed colleagues in your listening room. Every note, breath, and movement captured by the microphones are reproduced with exquisite accuracy and wowing clarity.
The deluxe packaging and gorgeous presentation of this Sunday at the Village Vanguard pressing befit its extremely select status. Housed in an opulent box, this UD1S edition contains special jackets and unique bonus artwork that further illuminate the splendor of the recording. No expense has been spared. Aurally and visually, this Sunday at the Village Vanguard is a curatorial artifact meant to be preserved, poured over, touched, and examined. It is made for discerning listeners that prize sound and creativity, and who desire to fully immerse themselves in the music - and everything involved with the album, from the graphics to the textures.
Recorded just ten days before bassist Scott LaFaro perished in a car accident, Sunday at the Village Vanguard changed the way jazz trios were perceived by audiences and musicians alike. Up until Evans, LaFaro, and drummer Paul Motian proved otherwise, a trio configuration meant two sidemen served as rhythmic support to spotlight the virtuosity of a headline performer or primary soloist. Here, the three instrumentalists operate in complete unison and achieve supreme democratic balance. Expressing their intent via shared conversations, they alight on sublime pieces flush with thematic discovery, improvisational dialog, and raw feeling.
A quest for discovery informs the music as well as the playing. Evans' lyrical pianism met at every turn by LaFaro's chorded responses and harmonic counterpoints. Indeed, Sunday at the Village Vanguard remains LaFaro's standout moment, his soloing helping shape the melodies and striking a keen equilibrium between modality and traditionalism. Joining poignant renditions of Miles Davis, Cole Porter, and Gershwin numbers, two LaFaro originals - Jade Visions and the opening Gloria's Step - further demonstrate his genius. They furnish the album a supernatural aura that matches the jovial mood of the musicians. It's impossible to think this album could be improved in any way. Particularly now that this UD1S pressing brings the Village Vanguard into your room. Prepare to witness history. Again and again.
More About Mobile Fidelity UltraDisc One-Step and Why It Is Superior:
Instead of utilizing the industry-standard three-step lacquer process, Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab's new UltraDisc One-Step (UD1S) uses only one step, bypassing two processes of generational loss. While three-step processing is designed for optimum yield and efficiency, UD1S is created for the ultimate in sound quality. Just as Mobile Fidelity pioneered the UHQR (Ultra High-Quality Record) with JVC in the 1980s, UD1S again represents another state-of-the-art advance in the record-manufacturing process. MFSL engineers begin with the original master tapes and meticulously cut a set of lacquers. These lacquers are used to create a very fragile, pristine UD1S stamper called a convert. Delicate converts are then formed into the actual record stampers, producing a final product that literally and figuratively brings you closer to the music. By skipping the additional steps of pulling another positive and an additional negative, as done in the three-step process used in standard pressings, UD1S produces a final LP with the lowest noise floor possible today. The removal of the additional two steps of generational loss in the plating process reveals tremendous amounts of extra musical detail and dynamics, which are otherwise lost due to the standard copying process. The exclusive nature of these very limited pressings guarantees that every UD1S pressing serves as an immaculate replica of the lacquer sourced directly from the original master tape. Every conceivable aspect of vinyl production is optimized to produce the most perfect record album available today.
This title is not eligible for discount.1. Gloria's Step
2. My Man's Gone Now
4. Alice in Wonderland
5. All of You
6. Jade Visions$99.99Vinyl LP UltraDisc One-Step 45 RPM Box Set - 2 LPs Sealed Temporarily out of stock
Bill Evans Riverside Recordings (Box Set) (Out Of Stock)Numbered Edition Pressed On 200-Gram Vinyl By Quality Record Pressings For The First Time!
Here it is: THE Audiophile Jazz Fan's Box Set To End All Box Sets - All Of Bill Evans Riverside Releases Cut at 45 RPM PLUS The Cannonball Adderley Know What I Mean? Release For Which Evans Was Such An Important Contributor.
Of everything Analogue Productions has reissued, nothing has come close in sales or accolades to the 45-RPM versions of Bill Evans titles from his Riverside catalog. And now we've compiled all of them into one irresistible box set package. Includes facsimiles of each original jacket along with an 18-page booklet detailing Evans' career and Riverside era.
Titles Included: New Jazz Conceptions, Everybody Digs Bill Evans, Portrait In Jazz, Explorations, Sunday At The Village Vanguard, Waltz For Debby, Moonbeams, Know What I Mean?, Interplay, How My Heart Sings! and At Shelly's Manne-Hole.
Now pressed on 200-gram vinyl at Quality Record Pressings!
This title is not eligible for discount.1. MINORITY (5:20) (Gigi Gryce)
2. YOUNG AND FOOLISH (5:48)(Horwit-Hague)
1. LUCKY TO BE ME (3:35)(Comden, Green-Bernstein)
2. NIGHT AND DAY (7:12)(Cole Porter)
3. EPILOGUE (:38)(Bill Evans)
1. TENDERLY (3:29) (Walter Gross)
2. PEACE PIECE (6:37)(Bill Evans)
1. WHAT IS THERE TO SAY? (4:49)(Harburg-Duke)
2. OLEO (4:04)(Sonny Rollins)
3. EPILOGUE (:38)(Bill Evans)
1. ISRAEL (6:08)(John Carisi)
2. HAUNTED HEART (3:25)(Deitz-Schwartz)
1. BEAUTIFUL LOVE (5:03)(Gillespie-King-Van Alstyne-Young)
2. ELSA (5:05)(Earl Zindars)
1. NARDIS (5:48)(Miles Davis)
2. HOW DEEP IS THE OCEAN? (3:30)(Irving Berlin)
1. I WISH I KNEW (4:39)(Gordon-Warren)
2. SWEET AND LOVELY (5:50)(Arnheim-Tobias-Lemare)
Portrait In Jazz
1. COME RAIN OR COME SHINE (3:17)(Mercer-Arlen)
2. AUTUMN LEAVES (5:22)(Mercer-Kosmo-Prevert)
1. WITCHCRAFT (4:30)(Leigh-Coleman)
2. WHEN I FALL IN LOVE (4:50)(Heyman-Young)
3. PERIï¿½S SCOPE (3:11)(Bill Evans)
1. WHAT IS THIS THING CALLED LOVE? (4:33)(Cole Porter)
2. SPRING IS HERE (5:01)(Rodgers & Hart)
1. SOME DAY MY PRINCE WILL COME (4:48)(Morey-Churchill)
2. BLUE IN GREEN (5:18)(Davis-Evans)
At Shellyï¿½s Manne-Hole, Hollywood
1. ISNï¿½T IT ROMANTIC (4:34)(Rodgers, Hart)
2. THE BOY NEXT DOOR (5:14)(Youmans, Harbach, Greene)
1. WONDER WHY (5:05)(Brodszky, Cahn)
2. SWEDISH PASTRY (5:35)(Barney Kessel)
1. OUR LOVE IS HERE TO STAY (4:41)(G & I Gershwin)
2. ï¿½ROUND MIDNIGHT (8:50)(Monk, Williams)
1. STELLA BY STARLIGHT (4:50)(Young, Washington)
2. BLUES IN ï¿½Fï¿½ (5:05)(Chuck Israels)
How My Heart Sings!
1. HOW MY HEART SINGS (4:56)(Earl Zindars) Zindars Publ. Co.-BMI
2. I SHOULD CARE (4:53)(Cahn-Stordahl-Weston) Cahn Music/Hanover Music/Stordahl Music-ASCAP
1. IN YOUR OWN SWEET WAY (6:57)
(Dave Brubeck) Derry Music Co.-BMI
2. WALKING UP (4:54)
(Bill Evans) TRO-Acorn-BMI
1. SUMMERTIME (5:56)(Gershwin-Heyward-Gershwin) Chappell& Co., Inc./Gershwin Publ.-ASCAP
2. 34 SKIDOO (6:19)(Bill Evans) TRO-Acorn-BMI
1. EVï¿½RYTHING I LOVE (4:11)(Cole Porter) Chappell Music-ASCAP
2. SHOW-TYPE TUNE (4:23)(Bill Evans) TRO-Acorn-BMI
1. YOU AND THE NIGHT AND THE MUSIC (7:03)(Dietz-Schwartz) (ASCAP)
1. WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR (5:42)(Washington-Harline) (ASCAP)
2. Iï¿½LL NEVER SMILE AGAIN (6:30)(Ruth Lowe) (ASCAP)
1. INTERPLAY (8:11)(Bill Evans) (BMI)
1. YOU GO TO MY HEAD (5:02)(Gillespie-Coots) (ASCAP)
2. WRAP YOUR TROUBLES IN DREAMS (6:24)(Moll-Koehler-Barris) (ASCAP)
1. RE: PERSON I KNEW (5:42)(Bill Evans) TRO-Acorn-BMI
2. POLKA DOTS AND MOONBEAMS (4:57)(Burke-Van Heusen) Bourne Co./Music Sales Corp.-ASCAP
1. I FALL IN LOVE TOO EASILY (2:39)(Styne-Cahn) SBK Feist Catalog-ASCAP
2. STAIRWAY TO THE STARS (4:48)(Parish-Malneck-Signorelli) SBK Robbins Catalog-ASCAP
1. IF YOU COULD SEE ME NOW (4:24)(Dameron-Sigman) SBK Robbins Catalog-ASCAP
2. IT MIGHT AS WELL BE SPRING (6:03)(Rodgers-Hammerstein) Williamson Music ASCAP
1. IN LOVE IN VAIN (4:56)(Kern-Robin) T.B. Harms, Inc.-ASCAP
2. VERY EARLY (5:04)(Bill Evans) TRO-Acorn-BMI
Waltz for Debby
1. MY FOOLISH HEART (4:56)
2. WALTZ FOR DEBBY (6:54)
1. DETOUR AHEAD (7:35)
1. MY ROMANCE (7:11)
1. SOME OTHER TIME (5:02)
2. MILESTONES (6:37)
Sunday at the Village Vanguard
1. GLORIAï¿½S STEP (6:05)(Scott LaFaro) Orpheum Music-BMI
2. MY MANï¿½S GONE NOW (6:21)(G. & I. Gershwin) Chappell Music-ASCAP
1. SOLAR (8:51)(Miles Davis) Prestige Music-BMI
1. ALICE IN WONDERLAND (8:32)(Fain-Hilliard) Walt Disney Music-ASCAP
1. ALL OF YOU (8:20)(Cole Porter) Chappell Music-ASCAP
2. JADE VISIONS (3:46)(Scott LaFaro) Orpheum Music-BMI
Know What I Mean?
1. WALTZ FOR DEBBY (5:14)
2. GOODBYE (6:12)
1. WHO CARES? (take 5) (5:53)
2. VENICE (2:51)
1. TOY (5:05)
2. ELSA (5:48)
1. NANCY (WITH THE LAUGHING FACE) (4:07)
KNOW WHAT I MEAN? (re-take 7) (4:55)
New Jazz Conceptions
1. I Love You
3. I Got It Bad and That Ain't Good
5. Easy Living
2.Waltz for Debby
5.No Cover, No Minimum$599.99200 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP 45 RPM - 22 LPs Sealed Temporarily out of stock