- Lowest Price
- Highest Price
Carmina Burana (Awaiting Repress)180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl Cut from the Original Analogue EMI Master Tapes at Abbey Road Studios!
This recording of Carmina Burana dates from the zenith of AndrÉ Previns golden era at the helm of the London Symphony Orchestra and has been newly cut at EMIs Abbey Road Studios from the original stereo EMI Master Tapes.
Produced and engineered by the legendary EMI team of Christopher Bishop and Christopher Parker. The album is pressed on 180g vinyl to audiophile standards and features the original album artwork.
For the sound alone it would be a record to wallow in, but so vividly characterized a performance should win many new listeners and enjoyers. Edward Greenfield, GRAMOPHONE, October 1975.
EMI made the recording in both stereo and quadraphonic, an early attempt at surround sound for the now defunct SQ vinyl format. HiQ has used the superior balance of the stereo master tapes.
This title is not eligible for discount.Carl Orff (1895-1982)
Carmina Burana (Cantiones profanae)
Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi
1. O Fortuna
2. Fortune plango vulnera
I Primo Vere (Spring)
3. Veris leta facies
4. Omnia sol tempera
5. Ecce gratum
Uf Dem Anger (On the green)
7. Floret silva
8. Chramer, gip die varwe mir
9. (a) Reie (b) Swaz hie gat umbe (c) Chume, chum, geselle min
10. Were diu werlt alle min
II In Taberna (In the tavern)
11. Estuans interius
12. Olim lacus colueram
13. Ego sum abbas
14. In taberna quando sumus
III Uf Dem Anger (On the green)
15. Amor volat undique
16. Dies, nox et omnia
17. Stetit puella
18. Circa mea pectora
19. Si puer cum puellula
20. Veni, veni, venias
21. In trutina
22. Tempus est iocundum
Blazinflor et Helena
24. Ave formosissima
Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi
25. O Fortuna$34.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed AWAITING REPRESS Buy Now
Orff: Carmina Burana (Speakers Corner)
Sung by world renowned soloists and conducted by the legendary Eugen Jochum, this recording of Carl Orff's Carmina Burana was authorised by the composer himself. It follows, therefore, that the present recording met with the high requirements of the composer himself and so represents an unusual collector's item. Orff intended not just to copy the medieval lyrics but to express the mood of that era. His highly rhythmic compositional style reflects the archaic character of the vocal line. The listener experiences not only the vital primordial pulse of the music in this thrilling interpretation but also the mystery of Fate through the tender lyrical passages.
Orff's homage to wine, women and song of the Middle Ages, closely bound up with spring and love, is supported by balanced and precise sound technology. The listener is spirited away to the musical world of Carmina Burana by this recording.
Recording: October 1967 at the Ufa Studio, Berlin by Klaus Scheibe / Production: Dr. Hans Hirsch
About Speakers Corner
At the beginning of the 90s, in the early days of audiophile vinyl re-releases, the situation was fairly straightforward. Companies such as DCC, Mobile Fidelity, Classic Records and, of course, Speakers Corner all maintained a mutual, unwritten ethical code: we would only use analogue tapes to manufacture records.
During the course of the present vinyl hype, many others have jumped on the bandwagon in the hope of securing a corner of the market. Very often they are not so ethical and use every imaginable source to master from: CDs, LPs, digital files, MP3s - or employed existant tools from the 80s and 90s for manufacturing.
A digital delay is gladly used when cutting a lacquer disc because tape machines with an analogue delay have become quite rare and are therefore expensive. When cutting the lacquer, the audio signal is delayed by one LP revolution against the signal, which controls the cutter head, and for this a digital delay is very often employed. Of course, the resultant sound signal is completely digital and thus only as good as this delay.
We should like to emphasise that Speakers Corner Records on principle only uses the original master tape as the basis for the entirely analogue cutting of lacquer discs. In addition, the pressing tool is newly manufactured as a matter of principle. We have one digital recording in our catalogue (Alan Parsons / Eye In The Sky"), but even in this particular case we used the analogue tapes for cutting.
We only employ existing tools for manufacturing if an improved result is not forthcoming, e.g. the title Elvis Is Back, which was mastered by Steve Hoffman and Kevin Gray, or several titles from our Philips Classics series, which in any case Willem Makkee cut from the original masters at the Emil Berliner Studios in the 90s. It goes without saying that we only used the mother and that new tools were made for our production.
To put it in a nutshell: we can ensure you that our releases are free from any kind of digital effects - excluding the exception above - and that the lacquer discs are newly cut.Orff: "Carmina Burana"
- Gundula Janowitz, Gerhard Stolze, Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau, Chorus and Orchestra of the Deutsche Oper Berlin conducted by Eugen Jochum$34.99180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now
Orff: Carmina Burana'O Fortuna' - the number that opens and closes Carl Orff's Carmina Burana - is the music that launched a thousand TV commercials and epic film scores. Its popularity is hardly surprising: those huge, crushing blocks of choral and orchestral sound are enough to stun anyone into submission. Then, quite suddenly, they give way to the hypnotic whirling of life's Wheel of Fortune...at first the tone is hushed, then the chanting strikes home with terrifying power.
This live recording from 2004 features: Sally Mathews, soprano - Lawrence Brownlee, tenor - Christian Gerhaher, baritone.Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi
1. O Fortuna - Coro
2. Fortune plango vulnera - Coro
I - Primo Vere
3. Veris leta facies - Coro piccolo
4. Omnia Sol temperat - Solo per Baritono
5. Ecce gratum - Coro
Uf Dem Anger
6. No. 6 - Tanz
7. Floret silva - Coro
8. Chramer, gip die varwe mir - Soli (Soprano) e Coro
10. Were diu werlt alle min - Coro
II - In taberna
11. Estuans interius - Solo per Baritono
12. Olim lacus colueram - Solo per Tenore e Coro (Tenori e Bassi)
13. Ego sum abbas - Solo per Baritono e Coro (Tenori e Bassi)
14. In taberna quando sumus - coro (Tenori e Bassi)$25.99Vinyl LP - 2 LPs Sealed Buy Now
Carmina BuranaChristiane Oelze, David Kuebler, Simon Keenlyside, Chorus and Orchestra of the Deutsche Oper Berlin join Christian Thielemann in a critically acclaimed performance of Orff's epic masterpiece, recorded in Berlin in October1998. Thielemann's recording of Carmina Burana is one of the stunning documents of his work as General Musi cDirector of the Deutsche Oper Berlin. "It is good to have this much-recorded work again sounding as fresh as it didin that historic model." - GRAMOPHONE1. O Fortuna [Orff: Carmina Burana / Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi]
2. Fortune plango vulnera [Orff: Carmina Burana / Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi]
3. Veris leta facies [Orff: Carmina Burana / 1. Primo vere]
4. Omnia Sol temperat [Orff: Carmina Burana / 1. Primo vere]
5. Ecce gratum [Orff: Carmina Burana / 1. Primo vere]
6. Dance [Orff: Carmina Burana / Uf dem Anger]
7. Floret silva nobilis [Orff: Carmina Burana / Uf dem Anger]
8. Chramer, gip die varwe mir [Orff: Carmina Burana / Uf dem Anger]
9. Swaz hie gat umbe - Chume, chum geselle min [Orff: Carmina Burana / Uf dem Anger]
10. Were diu werlt alle min [Orff: Carmina Burana / Uf dem Anger]
11. Estuans interius [Orff: Carmina Burana / 2. In Taberna]
12. Olim lacus colueram [Orff: Carmina Burana / 2. In Taberna]
13. Ego sum abbas [Orff: Carmina Burana / 2. In Taberna]
14. In taberna quando sumus [Orff: Carmina Burana / 2. In Taberna]
15. Amor volat undique [Orff: Carmina Burana / 3. Cour d'amours]
16. Dies, nox et omnia [Orff: Carmina Burana / 3. Cour d'amours]
17. Stetit puella [Orff: Carmina Burana / 3. Cour d'amours]
18. Circa mea pectora [Orff: Carmina Burana / 3. Cour d'amours]
19. Si puer cum puellula [Orff: Carmina Burana / 3. Cour d'amours]
20. Veni, veni, venias [Orff: Carmina Burana / 3. Cour d'amours]
21. In trutina [Orff: Carmina Burana / 3. Cour d'amours]
22. Tempus est iocundum [Orff: Carmina Burana / 3. Cour d'amours]
23. Dulcissime [Orff: Carmina Burana / 3. Cour d'amours]
24. Ave formosissima [Orff: Carmina Burana / Blanziflor et Helena]
25. O Fortuna [Orff: Carmina Burana / Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi]$25.99Vinyl LP - Sealed Buy Now